Uncle JuliePost-Edit
Uncle Julie passed away last week. I can't begin to tell you how saddened we were to hear of his passing. We loved him dearly and I am forever grateful that he played surrogate grandfather for Jon and I in the absence of Grandpa Lou. Here is a little something I wrote about my favorite memories of him:
"Although I have many fond memories with Uncle Julie, there are two that stand out the most. The first time I ever met Uncle Julius he told me it was a pleasure to meet me and will I have this dance? We were attending a wedding together and he was not lying when he said he had some great dance moves to show me. Uncle Julie CAN dance! He swung me all over that dance floor that by the end of the night I was the one that needed a break!
My second sweet memory with Uncle Julie was when he and Grandpa Lou came to visit Orlando, Florida and we took them to see our apartment. We asked them if they would like to sing some Karaoke tunes and Uncle Julie's reply, "sure why not!?" still rings in my head today. Grandpa Lou sang first- a tune by blue eyes Frank Sinatra. The look on Uncle Julie's face was your classic sibling rivalry. It was Uncle Julie's turn to go next and when he decided to sing the same song his brother Lou had just sung, we all started laughing hysterically. He told his brother to listen carefully to how the song should really be sung. It was the best watching those two and the love they had for each other. I feel honored to have been called "Dolly" and niece by my dear Uncle Julie."
3 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry. He sounds like a wonderful man. What a blessing it is when we marry and get a whole new set of loved ones! Your tribute is very sweet.
what sweet stories. Your Uncle sounds like he was such a fun filled and spirited man. I love the picture of him smiling. I am sorry for your loss:(
How cute, Claudia! I am sorry that he passed away, but how nice that you got to spend time with him right before at his birthday!
I hope you post baby shower pictures on here, or I at least get to see them! :) It was quite an event!
Post a Comment