Friday, December 21, 2007

Meet Albert Boress

For Christmas I decided to buy Jon a pet. He has been wanting a cat for the longest time but I just don't think I am ready for that yet. I have never bought or owned a pet in my life. So I decided to think really hard and just go for it. After much deliberation I bought a fish. My VERY FIRST PET!! I was so excited. At first when the store associate at PetCo handed me the container with the fishy I squeaked. He was laughing but saw I was seriously afraid and so he calmed me down a bit. I then took Albert everywhere with me. To Target, to a surprise store for Jon's special Christmas present, to the Dry Cleaners, and then, to poor Albert's surprise, I took him to pick up my Chinese food! Albert and I had a BLAST together. I then had to hide him from Jon. I tucked him in a chair by the kitchen table and covered his bowl with pillows. I fed him and then it was time.....I had to transfer Albert to his new fish tank. I couldn't use tap water so I took 5 water bottles out of the fridge and set them on the counter for several hours until it reached room temperature. Jon asked me what the water was for and so I told him I was going to bake something for him. Then I took Albert and slowly transferred him into his new home. He was so brave! Then I fed him 1 pellet for being such a good little fish. The next day Jon insisted that I had bought him a cat (I sorta told him I went to the Pet store and that he was in for a surprise) he would not give up and was even going to an animal rescue to see some kittens because if I had bought him a cat he wanted to get another one to pick out himself!!! So I gave in and introduced him to his new pet Albert Boress.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the fish! I love animals, though... I love the blog, too! I hope everything's going well and Merry Christmas!

Michelle Knight said...

What a very cute addition to your family - I love Albert! How fun.