
It can be hard to get the wifey out to the theaters. What can I say, she prefers a much more... septic environment. However, a large enough dose of puppy-dog eyes, and I can convince her of nearly anything.
So, Claudia & I caught a matinée today of Iron Man while we waited for Firestone to install some new tires. What did we think? The tires seem pretty solid.
Oh! What did we think about Iron Man, you meant. Both of us really enjoyed it.
Actually, Iron Man is probably one of the best comics-to-screen conversions that has been made so far. Was it better than Spider-Man, for example? That's probably a matter of preference. But despite the fact that the movie is about a guy in a robotic suit, it felt believable. Sometimes, when watching the
Spider-Man movies, I feel like I'm watching a cartoon. It's not just the special effects; characters in the Spider-Man series are drawn with broad strokes and are colored flat.What Iron Man has going for it - other than some pretty awesome technological design - is that it feels like it is set in our world, not a cartoon world. The character of Tony Stark is larger than life, but is actually a more believable person than, say, Flava Flav... and he's real! -------------------->
The action sequences are great, the characters are likable, and the dialog is snappy. Also, the film moves along at a good pace, never dragging too much or going to fast. Director Jon Favreau has made a fun movie. Claudia & I both liked it a lot, and we look forward to a possible tie-in with the new Incredible Hulk movie, later this summer.

1 comment:
AWESOME photo!
Post a Comment