Thursday, May 22, 2008

My first Pie

After Nicole and Liam's visit I was still on a baking kick and decided to make a SUPER easy and DELICIOUS key lime pie. It took me 2 minutes to make and Jon couldn't believe how delicious it tasted. Here is the recipe. I suggest anyone and everyone to make it.

Easy Key Lime Pie

1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate (not thawed)
1 cup heavy cream
1 6-ounce graham cracker piecrust
Zest of 1 lime

Place the condensed milk, limeade concentrate, and cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until fluffy and soft peaks form. Pour the filling into the piecrust and smooth the top. Refrigerate until chilled and loosely set, at least 4 hours (and up to overnight). Sprinkle the pie with the zest before serving.





I then decided to make some whip cream. Here is the recipe for that:


Whipped Cream Topping
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar



I let Jon decorate the pie by putting the whip cream in a zip lock bag and cutting a small hole at the end. Unfortunately, Jon has not mastered the art of light pressure when cake decorating and the bag exploded. But I love him for trying:)

No comments: