Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I can sew, I can sew

Earlier today I had the privilege of being taught how to sew by my dear friend Natalie Scherer. She is the best! And I mean, THE BEST! We had a great time. I love talking with Natalie, she is so calm and cool. I aspire to be that calm, and cool! Thanks Phil for taking a short break from your medical training to come take these radical pic's.



"Okay Claudia, you can do it!"

"I'm reeeeeally doing it!"
"I am the best! No, we are the best!"

"It was the Gershwin piece I just played for you that has made you the master of sewing."


Here is adorable Max. He played some Gershwin for us while we sewed. Loved it!


I am so grateful to have such a kind friend like Natalie to take some time and patience to teach me how to sew. Over the summer I got this itchy feeling to pick up a sewing machine and learn the artful skill of sewing. I was so busy with work that I had no time nor the $150 to learn. After seeing this picture on my friend Ingrid's blog (I hope you don't mind Ingrid;)




I knew I had to get the creator of this beautiful work-of- art to be my instructor. I was so nervous when I wrote the email to ask Natalie the huge favor of teaching me how to sew. She responded the next day with an enthusiastic, "of course!" I hope that someday I will be as good as Natalie.


3 comments:

Michelle Knight said...

Yay! Natalie is awesome and you are awesome!

Natalie Scherer said...

Claudia, you're so nice! I'm glad you had fun, it's fun to se with a friend. You're super talented, so it will be no time before you can do it all by yourself.

Ingrid said...

I love this! Natalie is UBER TALENTED and with her instruction, you too will be the queen of sewing!!! Have you seen some of her quilts?!?!?!?!?!?!