Monday, September 14, 2009

Birthday

Happy Birthday to me! What a wonderful day it has been. I'm taking a few minutes this afternoon to share with you one of the best birthday's I've had since being married. Cause trust me, every birthday I had growing up was the best day of the year for me. No one can spoil you as much as my mom does on one of her kids birthday. Here is the deal with why birthdays are THE most special day of the whole year (except for Christmas of course).

Growing up with 4 siblings, we didn't get a lot of individual attention. So, every year on our birthdays, my mom would go full force to make our day extra special. And I mean REALLY special. It's one of the things I will remember best, even when I am an ol' biddy. When I met Jon and we began dating I immediately expressed to him that birthdays were a big deal for me so he better spoil me rotten. And he did, and he continues to. Birthdays to me are the most sacred and cherished days. It also comes with a lot of stress-for-perfection which is why I literally carried on this conversation with the boss-man:

Me: "Matt"
Matt: "Yes Claudia"
Me: "You know how Monday is my birthday?"
Matt: "Yes, you have mentioned it to me and everyone here at the Phillips Center, plus all of the donors, several times."
Me: "Oh Yeah! Well, what if you get mad at me on my birthday. I don't think I could ever forgive you. So, can I please have the day off?"
Matt: "Sure"

Yay! So I got my birthday off and I have had the best time! Here is what I have done so far: I woke up to the sound of the garbage truck's loud horn right outside my window. Why do they insist on honking every single Monday morning right outside my window? Because Jon has been dignosed with "Trashforgetful-itis" and the garbage men know this. So they honk their horn to remind my sweet half-naked husband to throw on some clothes and run to get the trash out. Once the trash business had been taken care of Jon blew me a kiss and off he went to school. Not before writing me the cutest note! I checked my email and got a sweet email from Amelia (my work email buddy) and then I checked facebook and felt to incredibly popular!

I headed to the bank to deposit the sweet check I get every year from my mother-in-law. I went to the post office to send my sister her birthday present since her b-day is 4 days after mine AND so is my mom's b-day. Afterwards I treated my car to a much needed car wash and gasped as my side view mirror got crushed by the rolly-thingies. I decided the newly deposited money needed to be traded in for some goodies so I headed to the mall. I had so much fun! I told everyone it was birthday and a few people sang to me and even gave me a discount. As I was leaving I headed to the new costume store that opened up to pick up a costume for the Halloween babyshower (how cool is that?!) All I can say, and excuse my vulgar tongue..skanky! I was so embarrased to be in that store as everything was made for people that want to be half naked on Halloween. I then decided to open up my own Mormon Halloween Costume store. I've never heard of one so why not! Aftewards I met up with Jon to pick out a Birthday cake. Yea, that's right, I pick out my own cake, wedding rings, presents, and lots more. What can I say, I know what I want!! Ok, please don't think I'm picky but...well, I kinda am.

Everyone has been so nice to me and I have been feeling so at peace with everything. I feel so incredibly special and loved. I wish everyone could feel this way. What a beautiful feeling. Now, I will be getting ready for dinner at Liquid Ginger tonight with some friends. I will post pictures real soon!

4 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Happy Birthday!

Nicole said...

Happy (late) Birthday!!!

Janelle said...

Totally awesome! I always go shopping on my birthday also! This year my mom has started to work so it may just be me and my kids but I'm still going to go. I love making birthdays a big deal, and I think they should be! I'm glad you agree :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you had a great birthday!

I'm thinking your garbage men are incredibly nice to give Jon warning like that! Ours are not as courteous. :)

Also, I agree about the costume thing. It is next to impossible for a woman to find a modest halloween costume. Why is that?