Saturday, September 26, 2009

Busy Busy

Autumn is officially here and I welcome it with open arms. I have been wanting to post some pictures of my final summer projects for a while now so here they are:


I had some extra wood laying around and I decided to make a couple of tissue boxes



Good ol' cheap VCR cart (which is used to take care of our DVD's) needed some sprucing up




Our 16 year old fridge started leaking and was waaay out of warranty so we bit the bullet and replaced it



With this beauty

Then our dishwasher decided to stop working (I think they devised a sneaky plan to get sick at the same time!)

And was replaced. We had to wait 3 weeks for this shiny new thing to arrive which meant prickly, wrinkled fingers for me!

And finally, we had our backyard paved




This fall really has been very busy for the both of us. I work 9-5 and attend/work several events in the evening. Jon pulls 16 hour days and I rarely see him but when I do, I don't ever want to let go! We treasure the small window of time we get to spend with each other and I keep saying to myself, "it will all be worth it!" My internship has been a valuable experience so far and I am appreciative of the time Matt devotes to teaching me. Life has been wonderful and I can't help but feel blessed to get to live the life I do :)

3 comments:

The Martos Fudge said...

I love your projects, you r so creative. Good job. And yes it will all be worth it. School years are tough but it will get better. hang in there girly...

Nicole said...

I love the tissue boxes! Fun idea!

Amber said...

You are amazing! You do such cute projects!