My mother in law offered to give me her sewing table and that made me even happier! I refinished it and decided to use oil based paint for the first time. The paint associate at HD was right- oil based paint gets EVERYWHERE! But it was so worth it b/c it feels smooth and not rubbery like latex paint. I felt so satisfied knowing that the same table that was used to make Jon's Halloween costume's will be used to make sewing projects for my children.
The plot thickens........
Fast forward to two weeks ago and here is the dialog that led to my new adventure with wood:
Jon: I want a video game chair.
Claudia: But I worked so hard refinishing the one I purchased from Good Will. It's pink and cute.
Jon: The springs broke.
Claudia: How 'bout I build you one.
Jon: Hmm, we'll see.
So here we are today and I did it! I went to Knock Off Wood and built me a gorgeous red "Jon Chair". I highly recommend you visit the website.
#2 purchased some wood at HD (Home Depot)
#3 asked an associate to make some cuts for me please
#4 sanded, (my favorite part!)
#5 screwed the wood pieces together
#6 painted
#7 and patted myself on the back!
You can make anything!
Here is my process:

4 comments:
Wow, Cladia, you are a superstar!!!
Claudia...I swear I spelled your name right when I typed it! Yikes!
wow! you did a great job! LOVE THE PIC OF JON!!!!!!
~ espi~
Claudia, you amaze me! (Glad I found your new blog!)
Post a Comment