I really did it, I gave birth to an adorable 9 pound 9 ounce piece of beauty!! I could not be happier at this very moment.
I've been thinking and thinking about how I would write Clara's birth story. Things went so smoothly it was almost a picture book. I'm having to type now a days with one hand so I will be posting this in 2 parts.
I went past my 40 week mark on Sunday, June 19th. I had a scheduled induction on Wednesday the 23rd. I called the hospital at 6:00am and they had "no room in the inn" and I couldn't come in and give birth. *sigh* I live in a small town and my hospital services a good portion of North Florida hence the name of my hospital, North Florida Regional Medical Center. So I called the next day meanwhile I'm at home nesting trying to take my mind off of the large baby that keeps growing in my womb.
I couldn't take another let down so I had Jon call the hospital the next day to check if the hospital would admit me. I had spoken with my midwife the day before and she told me the hospital was very full. So full in fact that one of the OB's was laboring at home since she knew what to do and didn't want to take up a bed. I just thought, wow, am I going to have to go 2 weeks more- she will be 12 pounds!
I woke up Thursday morning to my wonderful husband embracing me while he whispers in my ear: it's time. They have a room ready for us and would like us in at 7:15am. It's really happening sweetie!
My heart started pumping so quickly!! I took a shower and got dressed ready to meet my bebe.
No comments:
Post a Comment