I'm stealing a moment while baby girl Clara practices tummy time right next to me to share a few thoughts.
Clara turned 1 month old on Sunday. Time flew and I am glad for that because my little one has a bout of acid reflux which is causing her discomfort and killing me in the process! I HATE seeing my baby suffer in pain and I have shed plenty of tears because of it. The way her little body tensed up and her cries of pain just about did me in. My poor angel! We couldn't get any medication for her until she turned 1 month so in the meantime I held her so tight trying to take the pain away from her. I would whisper in her ear every day that I would gladly take that acid reflux from her. Go away you meany! Oh that was just too tough to bear! It made me appreciate all the parents of sick children who day in and day out have to see their babies endure pain. Wow, they are champions!
So now baby Clara is doing a little better. This month has been crazy full of emotions! I am incredibly in love with this new little being. But I must admit something, newborns are T-O-U-G-H! How do I even begin to describe it....I once mentioned to Jon, forget war, just ship a whole bunch of newborns to your enemies and watch them surrender! bnhbvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv (oops, don't mind that- Clara's tummy time is over and she decided to type on my laptop).
(pause for a 20 minute nursing break)
Ok, I'm back! Newborns bring out so many raw emotions out of you. I am so grateful for my husband and family who have been a tremendous help. I took 2 trips to Orlando which I will soon blog about. But for now Clara is stirring and I must attend to her!

2 comments:
Claudia, she is absolutely beautiful. Her eyes remind me of you. :) Hang in there, you are a wonderful mommy.
Babies are hard, I totally know! I'm sorry she has acid reflux, poor girl.
Post a Comment