The next day after visiting the Biltmore, we went to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I have always wanted to be immersed in the grand beauty of mountainous terrain. I also have a love of waterfalls. Jon and I drove around, stopped at some scenic points, and then decided to park our car and go for a hike to see some waterfalls. Along the way we got a little . . . lost. Someone took down the sign that pointed to where the waterfall was and instead we ended up hiking on "Graveyard trail!" For the record, I turned left but then Jon stopped me and said to head right (which was the wrong way). But he ended up having a blast. We picked blue berries and blackberries along the way and saw numerous beautiful butterflies. Once we realized there were no water falls we turned around and found the right trail. We finally made it but by then I was exhausted. Jon was curious how long we hiked on the trail. We figured it out, and then I gasped! It was 10 miles, ladies and gents. Needless to say, the next day I felt like I could really use a body cast. I really wish we had fun trails in Gainesville where I wouldn't have to be afraid of alligators jumping out at me. I definitely miss the mountain scenery and I look forward to going back someday to the Blue Ridge Parkway. There's just about 420 more miles of it left to see.
This is my future home
How cool am I
This was the highest point on the Blue Ridge Parkway and the highest I've ever been
I had no idea butterflies like mud
And there's Jon, my husband of 4 years and counting. I'm glad he didn't fall off of the highest point of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
1 comment:
"I'm glad he didn't fall off of the highest point of the Blue Ridge Parkway" - Claudia, I don't think I've ever read anything so romantic! :)
Those mountains are so pretty! I miss mountains!
Post a Comment