Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break

I had a very relaxing Spring Break. I didn't go on a cruise or take a fun road trip, nor did I go scuba diving in Australia. What I did this Spring Break was....nothing! And it felt oh so good. I guess no one can technically do nothing cause even sitting and staring up at your ceiling is doing something. So yeah I did something this Spring Break.

I went over to Natalie's house and we finished my quilt!!! I was so excited. I will post a picture real soon. I also helped a member of my ward with their family history work as well as a neat Scavenger hunt with the youth about, you guessed it, family history. I am feeling so comfortable in my calling as a family history consultant. I even taught a class to 7 members of my ward. I was not nervous one bit because I had a prayer in my heart the whole time hoping that what I taught my class was directed by God. With that in mind I was able to push forward and complete my first ever family history class. It felt very rewarding.

I also had the Janson's over for dinner. We rarely have people over for dinner (I'm afraid they will cry over my cooking skills) but dinner turned out great! (cause Jon prepared it; he made a Red chicken curry and I baked a cake and made delicious frosting).


I found out that my neighbor's adoption birthday was coming up and I bought her a cake. It brought a smile to her face and that's all that matters:)


Since Jon and I had time on our hands we made dulce de leche. It only took us five hours! No really, it literally took five hours and it was absolutely delicious. It totally brought me back to the days when my mom use to feed me dulce de leche in Colombia instead of breast feeding me. Okay, a little light humor, I actually use to breast feed so much that my mom would cry and beg me to take a break after the 20th feed of the day. Poor mom!




Stay tuned for some very exciting post: I'm playing Emma for my ward enrichment night, Natalie and I are throwing a Karaoke party, Jon is, well, he's in for some *chchchchchchanges! Name that tune??? *ANSWER: David Bowie

No comments: