Sunday, March 1, 2009

What's Up

Well, after recovering from my cookie coma I've been up to some things. Here they are:

Laura threw an Oscar Party a week ago and I had a blast cooking and baking. I made my very first ice-cream cake and it was a big hit. I baked fresh bread and combined it with artichoke dip. I also made tuxedo cookies but they didn't turn out so pretty but at least they were tasty. I also made a delicious dinner for Jon since my new resolution is to try a new recipe every weekend. I had such a great time getting to know Nathalie and Ashley better (Starley left early to put her adorable son to sleep). Jon and I had a very stressful week and I am so lucky to know such fun gals that I can hang out with. I needed some girl time!!

Nathalie, Starley, Laura, Me, and Ashley

Laura and I

Laura and I's collaboration. We love to make good stuff for our bellies!

My very first home-made ice-cream cake

On Friday I got a new couch and I didn't pay a dime for it! 4 years ago we bought a couch from Haverty's and got a 5-year warranty just in case it broke. Well, the recliner part broke and so Haverty's bought us a new couch. I was SO excited!! I like free stuff!



It's a sleeper couch so that our family member's can have a place to lay their heads on:)

On Friday of last we went out to dinner with Jessica and Tyler, two of our favorite people! We then walked next door to the Karaoke room and had a blast. The pictures speak for themselves.











The instructions were in Korean and it took 20 minutes & 2 MBA students to figure it out. hehe




Well, that's all the blogging I have in me for today!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey!! I'm so glad you're blogging again :) It's fun to see what people are up to.

Michelle said...

Wow, you baker you! Wish I could have come. :)

Ingrid said...

Like Michelle, I wish I could have come too!!! Miss you! SO glad that you and Natalie are friends. Isn't she THE BEST!?!?!

Natalie Scherer said...

I tasted the ice cream cake, it was extremely deicious! You're a fabulous cook, Claudia. You guys should taste her fruit drink too, yummy stuff coming from the Boress house.