Thursday, April 23, 2009

An Insider's Look


I don't get very personal here in my blog. There is no reason I don't, I just plainly don't. However, this morning as I was assigning some emails I received into a folder I came across the best email I have ever received in my life. The reason I decided to share it with you, (and I am still a little nervous about doing so) is so that you can get a peek, a very small peek, into the love Jon and I have for one another. So, I am taking a big leap and posting his poem and my response to his poem here.

September 19, 2005

Jon wrote this to me 5 days after my birthday.

You're still my woman - You're still my baby - You should be brought to my bed every night as the warmest cover and most comfortable pillow I could ever want. And your body would fit along my body as if we are merely pieces of a larger work. And as your head connects to my shoulder, and as my leg rubs up against your leg, and as my arm winds around your back, the work is complete and everything is in its right place. We build the bed that we lay in.

Here is my response when I found this email a year later:

Hi honey. Do you remember when you wrote this poem to me? It was and still is the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me. I literally still get butterflies in my stomach every time I read it. Whenever I miss you a whole lot, I just read the words you once told me. Jon, you never gave up on us and for that I love you even more. I remember being so frustrated with you. Then, I got this amazing e-mail and it just took all of my worries away. You really are the best person for me. You are the best friend I needed in my life all of these years. I would be a very different person without your love and I feel so good right now in my life. I know I can be hard sometimes and I have such strong emotions (which I am still trying to control), but I know for a fact that all of the years that I have been with you I have always managed to smile. I can never be in one of my 'moods' for a while because there you are with your piercing smile that penetrates into my heart and it all goes away. I am writing this to you now with tears down my cheeks because I miss you so much and I have always known the positive impact your love has on me. Its a feeling that is not from this world. I know that it is a Heavenly feeling. I love you forever.

I still take such a deep breath every time I think about the impact Jon has had in my life. I love him with such a passion that my world would become blind if ever he was not near me.

I hope that everyone who is married feels the same way about their spouse. Marriage is such a wonderful blessing to all who unite their feelings and become one.

By the way, I think it's awesome to see the stark contrast between the length of our emails. Jon can say it in a few words, I need a novel in order to get my feelings across!

While we are on the topic of poems, here is an awesome blog post I read this morning after I read Jon's. Check it out, especially all you moms out there: Serene Designs

1 comment:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

That is too cute! I can't say Luke and I do much love letter writing, but I have received an occasional note.
And I'm blushing that you mentioned my blog. Hehe, I suddenly feel famous! =)