Jon would like a kitten after this tortured modeling session
Yesterday Jon had an internship interview in Jacksonville, FL. I sat waiting patiently at home with my huge living room clock until the hand finally struck 8:30pm (the time Jon said he would be back) and sure enough right at 8:30 Jon got home! By the time he sat down I began to feel stir crazy. Very stir crazy! I asked Jon if I could ride his Vespa to the local Gelato shop and he said, "How about we go together". Jon was exhausted and I didn't want him to go but if any of you know Jon, once he has his mind set on something he goes for it! So off we rode under the beautiful moon and stars as they lit our way to the Gelato shop. I had such an awesome time and I couldn't stop giggling. I wrapped my arms around Jon and looked up at the sky as I took in the wonderful smell of life. I had so many thoughts while on that Vespa ride. I thought about how fearful I've been since a traumatic event that happened 5 years ago. It changed me. It made me so afraid of my surroundings. I know that I have never been the same since. I finally feel comfortable in saying that I have overcome that trial and feel like a much stronger person. I also feel so much more. I have always been in touch with my feelings but this event has made me incredibly sensitive to the burdens my friends carry. Jon really helped me through that difficult time. Here we were, newlyweds, and he had a wife who incessantly cried all of the time. It definitely brought us closer together and armed us with a strength that can only come through hardships.
Moving on to the fun news. Jon was extended and has accepted a new calling as the 2nd counselor in the Elders Quorum presidency. I was so thrilled and proud of Jon when he was sustained by the members in the quorum. I was fortunate to be there since it was the 5th Sunday of the month and we had a combine meeting with the gals and gents. We both know that it will be challenging and will require a lot of time away from each other but we are very prepared and ready to serve. I say "we" here because I feel that with every calling it takes 2.
2 comments:
It definitely does! Husbands serve so much better when they have a supportive wife!
I loved the description of your ride on the vespa for gelato (I love gelato!!). Made me want to get one. (Gelato, or a vespa.)
Great job on the quilt, by the way!
Thanks for posting the quit pics :) It's really cute! Good job! And what a wonderful hubby you have!
Post a Comment