Our first garden club meeting was a success! Although the rain would not stop, our little garden club went without a glitch. Jon was kind enough to babysit the ever wonderful Knight kids at Natalie's house and he got a chance to hang 10 with Phillip and Max. I tried stuffing his pockets with gummy words but he didn't want the kids learning about bribery at such a young age. I wonder what that says about me? Back to the garden club! Amber and Starleigh each had their own presentations and it was perfect. Jon built 2 gardening boxes and I raffled one away. Congrats Lynsey! I worked on a handout which Amber wrote up so well and we handed out a few prizes. I had a ton of fun preparing for our first meeting including getting my hands all sticky with the desserts Amber helped make. Thank you Amber for letting us use your lovely home!
Check out the awesome pictures:

Thank you Jon for being an awesome husband and making these delightful boxes!

Amber Edwards looking as beautiful as ever, can you believe she birthed 3 kids!

Me, just me

Starleigh gave a presentation about being a Florida Gardener

Lynsey won the gardening table and Amber showed the class how to plant tomatoes, peas, and basil. She also spoke about Sweet potatoes which is the weird looking thing on the edge of the table. Sprouted potatoes give me the creeps.

My camera sees you Amelia!

Lynsey transplanting the tomato that Amber gave the class

Natalie, Michelle, and the lovely Grace (I am so envious of her long legs!)

Me, just me





I accidentally froze one of the lovely daisies

Me and Lynsey


The three musketeers!
3 comments:
I know about the legs, right? Wish I had 'em, too. You did such a great job with this meeting! It got me so excited for more. (And the dessert - SO delicious! But I did get some incredulous looks from my 7-year-old son!)
Hey it's Lynsey, I guess I'll listen to you and comment. This was such a fun time and I realllly love my "box" which is already sprouting something as of today!! I was so excited when I won it!!!!!!!!!!
It was so much fun claudia and the dessert was delicous! Thanks for all your hard work.
Post a Comment