Yesterday my internship at the local Performing Arts ended. I had a few things to do before I could breath a huge sigh of relief. I woke up this morning and spent a few hours baking one of my favorite cookie recipe, Martha Stewarts (of course!) Milk Chocolate Cookies from her Cookies book. I wrote several thank you notes to people who made my internship that much better. I gathered final paperwork to turn in to my college and with not a thing in my stomach off I went. I dropped off my goodies at the UFPA, gave the sweetest receptionist ever a big hug, and with that I said good-bye to the place I spent the last 13 weeks at. As I was driving to school my poor husband was super stressed out b/c he could not get a hold of his negotiations partner. They were supposed to meet up but his teacher forgot to send Jon his part of the negotiation assignment. Jon had so much to do that I felt I could actually help out. So I drovr to the Business College and stood in the courtyard asking random strangers if their name is Samatha. I was starving since I had to fast for the 3 vials of blood that would soon be drawn from my pretty little vain. I headed back to campus (at speed limit 20 plus 50,000 pedestrians) and I made it to the schools infirmary. But before I walked in through those magical doors (the time being 12:15PM) I climbed the 3 floors to turn in my paperwork. BAM! I bumped into
Tim Tebow! What a cutie and a half!! After collecting my drool I finally headed to get my blood drawn. I always look away throughout the process. When the
phlebotomist was done I asked her, that was it! And she pointed to my vials and I almost gagged! I breathed in and left. I ate a banana in my car and a fruit flavored tootsie roll and then BAM, someone tried to run me over while I was driving. I was so upset since I was on my way to get my blood pressure taken at the nearby Publix. After doing some breathing exercises I got my blood pressure, picked up my breafast/lunch at Bento (one of my favorite restaurants eva) and finally headed home. I then gave out a huge sigh of relief! I am done.
Do yourself a favor and make these cookies NOW, you can thank me later!

Makes about 3 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 pound good-quality milk chocolate, 4 ounces coarsely chopped and 4 ounces cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Melt 4 ounces coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; let cool slightly.
- Put chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces crack, about 15 minutes (cookies should be soft). Let cool on parchment on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
2 comments:
I've never made had a chocolate cookie recipe I liked. I am excited to try these. Congrats on a successful internship!
Yeah you're all done! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations! I can't imagine how yummy those cookie taste!
Post a Comment