Thursday, February 11, 2010
A Star is Born
I love the movie "The Wizard of Oz". Judy Garland is absolutely beautiful and her voice is resounding. I've only ever seen 2 pictures that she has been in until today. You know those actors who have done such a great job in a movie that you can't imagine them in any other role? Take Scarlett O'Hare from "Gone with the Wind". I've yet to see her in any other role than Scarlett. I'm not ready for that yet. I'd heard great reviews for the movie" A Star is Born" so I loaded it up on my netflix and watched it. Although I skipped through some of the songs because musicals can bore me a bit, the plot and acting were phenomenal. I highly recommend this movie. You will gain a new respect for Judy Garland. Coincidentally it was announced yesterday that Beyonce and Russell Crowe will be in a remake with the same title. Hmmm, Judy Garland-Beyonce?? It could work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have this in my instant queue but I've yet to watch it. My fave Judy Garland movie (besides the Wizard, of course) is Summer Stock. You should try it!
Post a Comment