Last year I went to my good friend Laura Nipper's Oscar Party. It was probably one of the funnest times I've had at a party. I made a homemade ice cream cake. But before I made this delicious cake I wanted to make Oscar shaped chocolate. I could not for the life of me find a mold so I asked Jon (the research expert) to locate one for me. But alas, after hours of searching he came upon an article about a company that was sued for making Oscar chocolate molds. Fast forward a year later and I came across Bakerella's awesome site with a spotlight on this years Oscars. She made Oscar shaped sugar cookies. So why am I going on and on about the Oscar's? Because I would love to throw an Oscar party at my house and make these cookies and serve caramelized popcorn and play an awesome Oscar Bingo game (cause you know Bingo is my FAVORITE game!) But I'm not. Last years guests have all moved (except for 1 but she just had a baby and I'm not sure I want to expose her to Brad Pitt's ugly beard).
Please check out these awesome sites for my would-have-been Oscar party!
BakerellaOscar BINGO game
3 comments:
Claudia! That would be really fun! I am sorry I have been lame about enthusiasm for your party. I would love to do it, I just don't know what that weekend will be like for us with David's big exam. :) Such cute ideas, though...maybe it can still happen? :)
Whoa, maybe you should have a party another time just so you can make those awesome cookies! You always find these creative ideas.
WOW! Can you send me some of these cookies???!?!?!
Post a Comment