I celebrated my birthday this year with the gals from Gainesville Book Club. When I volunteered to host the final book of the hunger Games series I hadn't realized it would fall on my birthday. With that in mind, it couldn't have been a more perfect birthday! My hubby was out of town but he sure made up for it in more ways than one.
My hubble started out my birthday morning with this message:
Sweet Claudia, I love you so much. I only wish I was with you for your birthday. Thinking about it makes me so grateful for the health and happiness that we have. Thank you for coming to Earth. In honor of your dear heart, I've made a $50 donation to Facing Africa - NOMA. This is a charity that I've come across recently, and that I believe does good work. They perform facial reconstruction for African children that have suffered deformities from malnutrition and gangrene. Please don't look at the link - it's devastating
This was so wonderful of him! I headed to work and had a wonderful time. I received the most beautiful roses I had ever seen. Thanks Martha Stewart!! (and my hubbles!)
My coworkers made me a cake and sang to me :) Too fun!!
After work I headed home where dinner was waiting for me! Jon had ordered a filet mignon. Can this fella be anymore wonderful! Why yes, he can...I checked my email and in it was a musical letter narrated and sung by my one-and-only. I wish I could share it with you but Jon is a little coi. But I will share this small excerpt:
My Dearest Claudia,
On your 26th birthday, I think of your vitality, your boundless love and joy. A friend of yours said that you “act younger than you are.” That is because you are not jaded – you have not closed yourself to the world and the people around you. You let yourself feel and experience what is happening around you. If that makes you young, then I hope you’re young forever, since you make me younger, too. Together, we have to face the fate described by the Arcade Fire:
“If the children don’t grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.”
“If the children don’t grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.”
My lovable baby nephew! I had to include this pic because it makes me smile :)
2 comments:
aww! kevin is looking like janeth. and am happy you had a great bday from hubby and friends! ~espi~
Oh my goodness! Your baby nephew has THE most beautiful eyes I have ever seen!
Post a Comment