(Jon driving on his way to Charlotte)
Two things that were tough was the passing away of our neighbor Katie and my car needing some fixing. Katie was our dear neighbor from next door who always had our back. She had lived in our neighborhood for 15 years. She lived alone with her 2 cats and 1 dog (who passed away 2 years ago). She loved watching "Dancing with the Stars" and I loved calling her up every week to discuss the eliminated couple. She fought a valiant battle against Cancer and I take comfort that she will not be experiencing any more pain. We shared the true gospel of Jesus Christ with her and she was so receptive in hearing what the missionaries and our home teacher, Devon Cole, had to say. She was given a blessing of strength and I am so appreciative of the priesthood.
4 weeks into my loneliness and with the passing away of my neighbor, my car was sick. This normally isn't a big deal but my car was the only thing that kept me connected to other persons. Being new to my job I really didn't want to miss a day of work so I said a little prayer, called my dear friend Amber E., and looked up some bus routes. I never missed a day of work!

No comments:
Post a Comment