We have made lots of new friends and this is the first time we have ever lived so close to members of our ward. There are five families that live in the housing community which we reside in as well as work at the hospital. I don't know if I mentioned this before but in order to live in our neighborhood you must be a hospital employee. It's such a neat experience when I socialize with people from my hood. We have one large thing in common and I can't really put it into words but it feels nice to have that in common. One thing I absolutely love is having Jon come home for lunch everyday for an hour. He plays with Clara while I make us a nice lunch :) I have made lots of close friends and we go to Wal-Mart together (it's a 45 minute drive) and lunch, and every Thursday I go to playgroup with Clara and the parents are so nice.
For Christmas we got invited to a progressive dinner which is so funny cause I was planning on having one next year so this is so neat!! Perhaps I will throw a fondue dinner. Yesterday we put up our very first Christmas tree! We actually have never purchased one because we have never been home for Christmas but this year (which is Clara's first Christmas!) we will be home so a tree now flaunts our living room :) It's white and filled with Jon's vintage ornaments from his childhood. It's so cute!
So hear we are living in the mountains making good friends and enjoying our amazingly beautiful surroundings! One day I will devote a post to the landscape that surrounds me. Jon has once said he feels like time has stopped while living here. We are so focused on each other and our little family which is so sweet. Now don't get me wrong, I miss my big city living life but that can wait a few years while I enjoy my slow paced life.
Things to look forward to next year: Wedding, Clara's 1st birthday in Orlando, the birth of my second niece or nephew, Vegas baby, the Grand Canyon, General Conference, and lots of day trips to the mountains :)
Kevin & Clara
No comments:
Post a Comment