Here are some recent examples:
When my family came for Christmas I knew I wanted to cook a wonderful dinner. I remember Jon once cooked a wonderful brisket for my family which they absolutely loved. I wanted to recreate that feeling so I trudged my way to Gallup to purchase a brisket. My heart broke when the butcher told me a lady came in and purchased all of the brisket! Ahh! So I went to a local grocery store in town but it was 15 pounds of brisket. Well, I got sick and didn't have it in me to cook this brisket- in jumps Jon!! It took him 7 hours to cook this brisket, and I mean 7 whole hours of Jon laboring in the kitchen. It was absolutley delicious :)
Here is Jon after cooking all day:
Wearing the new thermal PJ's I purchased at Big Lots
I think there are many ways a man shows he loves his wife. One my resolutions is to acknowledge the way he shows me he loves me. I know in my heart of heart that he adores me but my stubborn eyes tend to only see red when I'm upset at him which causes me to hold a grudge against him which then affects the way we interact with each other. If I start seeing all the sweet things he does for me then perhaps I will be slow to anger. *sigh* life is such a work in progress!!!
I have been sick for the past 2 weeks and Jon has really stepped it up a notch when it comes to Clara. Without even asking he has been sleeping in the guest bed in Clara's room. This is the first time Clara has been sick and I told myself if my baby girl was ever to fall ill I would sleep in the room with her to comfort her and be there for her. Since I was so ill and could barely get up out of bed Jon eased my mind by taking such good care of Clara. I would sleep for 12 hours straight and I could hear his sweet voice singing to Clara at two in the morning. He did this for two straight weeks!!!! Gave her her medicine, changed her poopy diapers, and even gave her a bath. I was fortunate that Jon didn't have to go into work until 10:00am this week so I feel nice and rested (but still terribly ill).
I love you Jon!
No comments:
Post a Comment