Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our First Camping Trip

Jon, Clara and I loaded up our small vehicle and headed north to Durango, Colorado for our fist camping trip!  It was seriously a blast! My sweet friend Vanessa, who lives in our housing complex, invited us to come. I enjoyed the beautiful drive since that's where Jon and I share some of our deepest and meaningful conversations. Jon invited his co-worker along and his wife and they brought their two dogs along. We enjoyed  hiking and Jon went white water rafting with the guys. Lots of laugh around the campfire and of course grilling. Our cabin was nice and near the river Animas. Vanessa, Luz and I got to do some shopping sans kids! Wow did I have a blast! I just simply love shopping!

Every time I leave I have sweet AHA moments that I hope to never forget. I was telling Jon how much fun we had on our trip and then I told him I have been having one of the best years so far. 2012 has done me well so far. Have I had trial, oh yeah. But guess what, I love that I get to live our a dream I've had for years!! I am a stay-at-home mom and I LOVE it! I have a Temple marriage and I LOVE it! I want to tell myself to keep smiling and enjoy each moment. It's beautiful.

Here is a funny story: It was Sunday night and we were due to leave the next morning from the camp site. Jon and I were putting Clara to bed, (I didn't know this but Jon had slipped a sleeping pill to help him sleep that night), when all of a sudden Clara spit-up a small amount of grey vomit on his pillow. It was totally wipe-able so I started laughing and giggling saying, haha she spit up on your pillow! All of a sudden she coughed and a massive amount of grey vomit spewed ALL over the bed. I mean it was massive!!! We had borrowed our friends comforter since at the last minute we decided to switch beds with them (we couldn't fit the play yard in our car). And so I cleaned up the baby, baby wiped the heck out of the bed and then tried to wash off the vomit. I couldn't get it out! The comforter was wool and the vomit was becoming a part of the comforter :( I remembered a laundro mat in the complex so I asked my sleepy friend for some dollars. I then headed to the wash room and the change machine was out of coins. So I went to my friend Vanessa's cabin and she had 7 quarters. She also told me to add shampoo since I had no detergent. So I am freezing my tail and then my flip flop breaks in half! Then I forget the shampoo and have to go back and get it. I then had a grizzly thought, I am going to be attacked by a bear :( I started to sing "The Spirit of God" and was somewhat calmed.  I had asked my friend Vanessa if she could hang the comforter to dry since her kids had been waking her up at 5:30am. I went to shower to get the vomit off of me and finally went to sleep. The baby was fine. We think she just inhaled too much camp fire smoke hence the grey vomit.

Enjoy these pic's:

 Cutest baby ever!

 S'mores!

 Daddy and handsome husband!

 Wow Clara is looking more and more like her daddy!

My neighbor Luz and dear friend Vanessa and her kiddos!

 Vanessa! 

 Colorado is absolutely beautiful!



 Clara and her fishing gear

 Fun camp circle!

Clara's 1st moccasins!

 Durango, CO train station!


No comments: