Friday, February 8, 2008









My feelings concerning Juan Esteban:

Many a time ago as a youngin' I heard on the radio this awesome song called ‘A Dios le Pido.’ It was incredibly catchy and I instantly feel in love with whomever it was that was belting out that beautiful voice and meaningful lyrics about my country Colombia. Sure enough the singer was Juanes and he was born and raised in Colombia. He was not only talented with the guitar, wrote all of his lyrics and accompanying music, but was unbelievably good looking! My whole family, including Jon, have been faithful admirers of his music. I own all of his CD's including his new one. Even though all of his music is in Spanish, Jon has commented several times that he really respects Juanes as a great musician and enjoys his music very much. Jon has even learned a few Spanish words here and there from listening to his music in the car. One of my dreams is to see him in concert. He is playing in April but I cannot attend-hopefully I will get to see him some time soon. My sister and her husband are going to be there. Lucky! Many reporters have asked him whether he will do an English album but his reply remains standing, he feels that he would not be able to translate the meaning of his songs to English because he thinks and feels in Spanish. Another reason why I admire the man is for his humanitarian work with children in Colombia.

No comments: