Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World



Claudia's Take:
I was going to post this on my side menu but it deserves some attention. Jon and I just watched the original inspiration for the movie "Rat Race." It's called "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World." I laughed so hard I had tears coming out. We really enjoyed this movie and it made us forget about everything because this movie was just so hilarious. Grab some popcorn and enjoy!


Jon's Take:
So Claudia has us watching some older films. As a rule, I've never really seen anything made before 1978 that wasn't either a Disney film or on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Now that we've made it through Lawrence of Arabia and the Thief of Baghdad, I thought it was time for a comedy. The box for "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" used to stare at me when I worked for Superstore Video News, oh, say 9 years ago now. And I know Claudia loves "Rat Race," so I thought we'd give this one a crack. You sure used to get more for your money, back in the day. This movie is what, 500 minutes long? For an action/comedy, that's quite a feat. And it's filled with tons of cameos from a bunch of people my parents probably would recognize, but I sure don't. Still, a funny movie.

Score: 10 Boress points out of a possible 13.

2 comments:

Michelle Knight said...

I never thought I'd find another MST 3000 fan! How cool are we?

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

We watched that movie probably once a year a a child, it was one of my Dad's favorites including the Three Amigos and the Princess Bride, oh, and Joe Vs. the Volcano. All in the same family of Movies I think.