Monday, July 21, 2008

Steps on how to have a fun Saturday

Step 1: Eat a hearty breakfast

Step 2: Be one with Nature

















Bald Eagles! My first time seeing one, they are beautiful


Step 3: See a 3-D movie



Step 4: Go grocery shopping



Step 5: Watch an epic movie





Jon and I had a wonderful day on Saturday. We went to the Carolina Raptor Center. It's a bird rehabilitation center that rescues birds and then releases them back to the wild. Some, however, are too sick to go back to the wild, and so they stay at the Carolina Raptor Center, where we can all enjoy seeing these amazing creatures up close.

After visiting the center, Jon and I went to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3-D. Jon loves 3-D movies. Or maybe he just likes the glasses. We both enjoyed the flick. It had no bad words nor inappropriate scenes - which is rare in a film nowadays.

We then went grocery shopping cuz c'mon, a girl's gotta eat!

We ended the night cuddled in each others arms as we saw "Lawrence of Arabia" - which was 999 hours long, but good nonetheless. What can I say, we love movies!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

We watched "Lawrence" a couple of weeks ago and it is FOREVER long!! It took us 3 days to finish it!
Fun day, though :)

Virginia & Anthony said...

How fun!!! I love doing nature dates!! And by the way, I cried during Meet the Robinsons too!!!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Okay, I saw the link to your blog on Nicole's blog. How are you! I didn't know you had gotten married! Yea! Congrats! How are you? Well, from your blog it looks like you are doing good.
Well, I just wanted to say hi!
~Sarah Smith now Heiner =)

Rach, Mike and Allie said...

I agree that Laurence of Arabia is sooo long! We tried to watch it 2 separate times and I never get close to finishing, I always fall asleep. I am impressed.

Ingrid said...

What a fun day! It looks like you are having so much fun in North Carolina...come back to Florida soon!!! Even though we are no longer in G-ville, at least we would still be in the same state!!! Miss you!