Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ziplining

Last Saturday Jon and I got a little adventurous and went zip lining at the US National Whitewater Center. I thought we would just hike up a hill and then swing down the zipline, but instead we had to climb up a tall pole using those plastic hand-holds that people use to practice rock-climbing. It didn't turn out very well for me. I have never been rock climbing before but I assumed it was common sense-you just climb. Well, I got at all the way to the top and my hands gave in and - at the last plastic hand-hold - my hands began to shake and down I went. I scraped the left side of my face with the rope and twisted my foot pretty bad. So what does that all boil down to? I didn't get to zipline :( I was so sad. Jon, on the other hand, was able to zipline and he said it was fun but that I did not miss much. I think he was trying to make me feel better.



We took these pic's with our phones

This is that dreaded pole that one day I will re-visit and not fall down!





I almost made it!

2 comments:

Justin, Kira and Evan said...

I loved ziplining! Your should definitely go back!

Michelle said...

How fun! You've been a busy girl since I was last able to check your blog! Miss you!