Monday, September 8, 2008

Jon's new ride

Last week Jon and I went down to the new Vespa dealership that his cousin Mark just helped to open here in Gainesville. We only see Mark once every other year or so at Thanksgiving, so we were glad to stop by and say hi. After about 10 minutes of chatting with Mark we were heading out the door when Jon approached me and said, "Hon, let me take you out to dinner. I know how hungry you are." I said Okay and we headed to Quiznos. When we sat down with our food Jon pops open his laptop and starts typing away. After a few minutes he turns his laptop around and shows me an excel sheet he had just created. The title was something like, "Transportation Cost Analysis." I stared into Jon's huge and adorable puppy eyes and quickly started to run numbers through my head. We headed back to Scooter Superstore and began crunching some numbers. Mark was surprised that we came back to buy a Vespa. He didn't pitch anything to us, the Vespas were just so shiny and purty. So, to not make this story any longer than it already is, Jon is the new proud owner of a shiny, red Vespa scooter. How that affects me (besides all the worrying and freakin' out I will be doing for the next 3 years) is that I have to sadly retire my beloved gas guzzling, 11 miles to the gallon, SUV. Instead, I will mostly be driving Jon's tiny little Chevy. It's so small and low to the ground compared to my mammoth truck that I feel like I will be crushed by any moving thing on the road, including people on bikes!
Jon is very happy though. It was the cutest thing seeing him mount his new steed. My prince is now riding a scooter. How sweet is that!?





3 comments:

AMY said...

so cool...I am completely jealous just looking at the pictures. scooters rock!

Michelle said...

I LOVE it! And so smart too - I hate paying for gas anymore.

Ingrid said...

LOVE it too!!