I woke up on a beautiful Sunday morning and went searching for Jon. I tried opening the door to his office but the door was locked. I knocked with a frown on my face and through a small opening on the door, out pops Jon beautiful big green eyes. He is smiling from ear to ear and gives me a kiss. He says "Happy Birthday! I'm working on something, I'll be downstairs shortly." So off I trudged to the shower to get ready for church. As I stepped out of the shower I hear Jon yell "Breakfast is ready, come downstairs please." So I quickly (more like 25 minutes later) get ready and head downstairs, where my prince charming has prepared a plateful of crepes - my absolute favorite breakfast. He also handed me what took him most of the morning, a hand-made birthday card. I LOVE handmade things. Especially hand-made cards. They are so much more personal than something made by some dude at Hallmark corporate office, and mean a lot to me. Back to breakfast - I ate until my heart's content. Then my dad called and started singing to me. I love that man's voice. There is nothing in the whole world that compares to his warm, loving voice. I can have THE worst day and then he will call me and literally everything will look a bit brighter. Okay, back to my b-day phone call. We talked for a while, and wished I could glue the phone to my ear and take the conversation to church with me, but I reluctantly had to hit the end button on my phone. I hate doing that! I headed to church and had a wonderful time. I got to watch Max Scherer during 3rd hour. What a doll that kiddo is! I also got an awesome work out :) It was hard having to give him up at 4 o'clock but I guess he had to be returned to his parents.
I then remembered what was waiting for me at home, so I rushed to my car (which by the way is now a treat to drive since I have been driving Jon's car to school. If ever I feel like I've been a good girl, then I treat myself to my 11 miles per gallon SUV. It's like going on a joy ride.) I opened the door and out comes my prince again with those adorable green eyes and smile that can turn a hard piece of chocolate into a boiling fondue pot. I think those eyes will save the world one day. Seriously. Anyways, enough veering off-topic, back to the show.
After my entrance, I noticed a mountain of presents on a stool and a cake on the table. Woohoo! Time to celebrate. After answering a few more phone calls from my siblings and friends, Jon and our pet fish Albert sang "Happy Birthday" while I blew out my candles and made a wish. I think everyone knows what my wish was!
Sweet Claudia & her cake
Jon took a million pictures of me and then I opened my gifts. Oh my GOODNESS! I feel so bad. I hated everything Jon got me. So much that they are soon going to be returned. He expected this would happen and I guess the rule of "It's the thought that counts" comes into play here. How sad (to quote my friend Nicole).
Jon had our camera on continuous shooting mode because he wanted to get every "Claudia face" I made. Bad idea!! I should not have agreed to this. As you scroll down these pictures please keep in mind that Jon was laughing hysterically the whole time.
Check out the mound of presents Jon wrapped so beautifully for me! He is the best gift wrapper (next to his mom, of course)
"The earrings match the skirt! You've got to be kidding me."
After the, um, thoughtful presents, I answered some more calls and then caught my breath and realized what a most fortunate girl I am. After a few hours of that, I start working on some HW. Then I realized that today is my birthday and that HW is against the rules. So I stopped. Just as I stopped, Jon came downstairs and we started our night-long Karaoke session. I absolutely LOVE Karaoke. I feel like my true rock star self comes out. Give me a mic and I will perform! Mind you I will be the first to tell you that I was not blessed with a good singing voice, but I was blessed with the courage to belt one out. I had such a BLAST!!!! I was on cloud 9. Then it HIT me. Jon was to have his very first exam from his MBA program on Tuesday, and it would be worth 30% of his grade. This is what makes the man of my dreams so special. He treated me like royalty all weekend long. But it didn't end there. On Monday he came to Institute with me. I have been having a great time at Institute and really wanted him to come and so he scooted his way over at 11:45. I LOVE JONATHAN RANDALL BORESS!
Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes. I feel so loved.
1 comment:
What a great day! Happy Birthday Claudia!!!!
Post a Comment