Friday, May 15, 2009
My Favorite T-Shirt
About 10 years ago I accidentally stole a t-shirt that belonged to a friend of mine. I have decided to confess my petty crime today 'cause I can no longer live with the guilt I have been carrying around for 10 years. So, this is the story of how I came into possession of the most comfortable and coolest t-shirt ever, while making amends - I hope - to the true owner of said shirt whose name will soon be revealed. Now, where was I? Oh yeah, about 10 years ago I was hanging out with a group of friends when one of my friends suggested I spend the night at their awesome farm house so the fun can continue. I called up my parents to get permission and away we went! Since I had no Pajamas, my friend let me borrow the now infamous shirt. She had just received the t-shirt as memorabilia for having attended seminary. I carefully put it on while inhaling its brand-new-shirt scent. I felt so special that she had let me use her new t-shirt, so when I went to bed I tried not to get drool on it (that's right folks, I'm a drooler). The next day arrived and I still didn't have anything to wear, so my friend let me go home with her t-shirt. I told her I would wash it as soon as I got home and then return it to her the next time I saw her. Well, this is the tricky part. Between boys, surviving high school, fights with my mom, young women callings, and waking up at the crack of dawn for my own seminary classes, I forgot to give my friend Sarah Smith her shirt back. So over the years it sat in a little brown bag labeled "Thanks for letting me borrow your shirt Sarah. Your a cool friend. Thanks for being my friend." That is, until one day my mom found the brown paper bag, washed the t-shirt, and hung it in my closet. When I first saw it hanging it my closet I screamed! How can I have forgotten to give Sarah her shirt back?! What would she think of me? The next day I was riding in a car with Sarah's sister Jenny and I causually asked her if Sarah was missing anything valuable. She looked at me with a puzzled look and replied "No." I then told Jenny I had a t-shirt that Sarah let me borrow and that I will be returning it soon. Jenny told me that it was totally cool and since it has been so long it has probably left Sarah's mind. SO I KEPT THE SHIRT!! (and wore it proudly) So Sarah, on this 10th Anniversary of the day you let me borrow your t-shirt, I apologize (and secretly hope that you wont ask for it back!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Laura and I have been trading t-shirts and pajamas bottoms for years. Ask her about my sheep pajama bottoms...she borrowed them when we were 13!!
lol! you are too cute! ttyl esperanza
Claudia, you are too funny! I always knew you were the klepto type. :)
LOLOLOLOL!!!! Oh you had me laughing out loud!!!
You know, I always wondered where my shirt had gone! Come to think of it, I'm still missing another seminary t-shirt. I wonder if I had let someone borrow that one as well....
Well, I GUESS I forgive you. But just because you love it so much. =)
Post a Comment