Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Great Weekend

Jon and I were going to travel to Orlando during Father's Day weekend/J mom's b-day but sadly my brother-in-law's Grandfather passed away and he and my sisters went to New York to attend the funeral. We rescheduled the planned festivities for the following weekend and oh boy, what a weekend!


Jon made his mom a vegetable garden box. I painted it and gave her some gardening accessories. She is ready to Garden!

I love this miniature cake from Publix!

J's mom & dad

J's mom loved the box, especially because J made it with his own huge Polish hands ;)


J's dad opening his gift. It's an image of his dad on the Godfather's body (thanks photoshop!) Jon's dad loves cats, he has 3 at home and one of his email addresses is godfathercpa.

I got Christine her favorite hand lotion so she can use it after a hard day of gardening.

Happy 59th Birthday Christine!

Earlier that day we went to the Flea Market and it was awesome! I had so much fun looking at all of the great things you only find at a flea market. After we went to see Transformer's 2. We had to walk out of the movie b/c it was so crude and vulgar! I should have looked up the reviews beforehand. It also didn't help that there were 50 children in the theater. I could not believe that parents would bring their newborn baby AND their 4 toddlers to see this movie. Disgusting!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

We then headed to the ward I grew up in, Lake Mary Ward. We had so much fun catching up with everyone. Jon and I had a good long talk afterward reflecting on the growth we both have achieved. We then headed to my parents house where Jon and Jared built a grill. It only took them 2 hours! I spent some time in the kitchen with my sister Janeth and we made so much food together for our Father's Day barbecue. My dad was so happy! He said he felt so spoiled :)




J peeling an onion. My big ol' eyes could not stand the heat.

D & C

My gorgeous sista

J being silly!

So, I had this wild idea that I could not get out of my head: I want to make an Andy Warhol picture of my dad on photoshop. Although my dad has never heard of Andy Warhol (he was born in a different country don't ya know) I just felt that I had to do it. So I commissioned Jon to do it for me.

My beautiful family, I love them so much!

Jon made these delicious shish kabobs.


I had to take a pic of Stephanie in her pioneer woman gear. My mom was telling her that she was soon going to lose that beautiful tan of hers when she moves to Idaho! Then they all turned to me and said, soon you will look like Claudia=tanless! Ouch but so true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWW! love the portrait! i bet your dad was very spoiled! ~ espi ~