Saturday, July 25, 2009

Raised Vegetable Bed Workshop

Ever since the start of the Gainesville 3rd Ward Garden Club I have been wanting to host a Raised Vegetable Bed workshop and yesterday I finally got to do it! What a wonderful feeling it was to spend the morning building something that would one day produce food for the table. It was so much fun being around my friends and seeing them drill away. Every person got to build their own raised vegetable bed and trust me, it turned out beautifully. Jon was an amazing teaching and I'd like to think I was a pretty good assistant ;) Once we finished building we did a small presentation of how to stake the beds in their yard and I spoke about lots of different gardening information. I'd like to thank Darrell who stacked his van with 4 boxes. Michelle for bringing some OJ, Amelia for supplying us with some much needed water, and Tina for helping out, Thanks girls!

Check out the fun pic's:


My handsome man giving out some instructions

Tina giving Amelia a hand

Janene (jump rope champion!) I loved her enthusiasm!


Natalie and her bright smile. Notice her seamstress measuring tape around her neck. Max (her very inquisitive son) broke her measuring tape. This is so fitting though!


Amber who has the cutest blue eyed baby

BFF's

Ok, can you see Michelle in the red shirt next to Tara and Darrell? I know this is going to sound weird but after I got home and checked the pictures I took of my dear friends, they were butt shots! They were all bending down and I took a quick pic of their drilling action. Out of respect for their behinds I will refrain from posting it.

L-Michelle, Natalie, Tara, Darrell, Me, Jon
B- Amber, Janene, Amelia

4 comments:

Trent and Amelia said...

ps I had no clue you were taking a picture when I was drilling! you are so sneaky!

Trent and Amelia said...

thanks for posting the pictures- and so quickly, I am slowing getting further and further behind in my posting. I had so much fun at your workshop- you did such a wonderful job. Cant wait for our next meeting, remind me of what you want me to research and present :) It was so fun to chat with yall tonight, you are too fun!

Michelle said...

Thank you for sparing the world a shot of my bum! NO ONE needs that kind of torture! :)

I had so much fun! Ryan was definitely impressed with my hole-drilling skills.

Janelle said...

You guys are amazing! Justin and I don't have a spot for a garden yet but I think I may want to give it a try next year!