J & C on our Hawaiian Honeymoon in 2004Yesterday was our 5 year wedding anniversary. It was by no means romantic or even "nice". Jon was returning home from Jacksonville and I was on my way to a final exam on campus. On the way out of our neighborhood I saw Jon in his car and I honked and waved hello/goodbye (or Aloha). Of course he didn't see me but that didn't matter so much. (actually, I shed a few tears) I took my exam, which out of 100 points I only needed 13 in order to get an 'A', so I literally Christmas treed the exam and away I went. . . to Micheal's craft store. I had a 50% coupon that was burning in my pocket so during a rainy storm, instead of going to the awaiting arms of my prince charming, I headed to Micheal's and bought a bamboo stick. OK, I am laughing at this b/c Jon didn't know where I was and then I came home an hour later holding a bamboo stick and now all Jon will remember for our 5 year anniversary is that his wife bought a bamboo stick. How sad but it made me happy.
The best part of my night is the 2 hour conversation I had with Jon in our bedroom. I talked and talked trying to get him all caught up in my adventures while he was gone. Meanwhile Jon patiently smiled and nodded and then said, "why did you buy a bamboo stick?"
I love you Jonathan B! You've been my prince charming since the moment I met you and handed me a poncho while you were soaking wet at Halloween Horror Nights. I love all of the memories we've made and I look forward to making all of your dreams come true. I know how strong your desire is to have a child and here's hoping I make that come true.
2 comments:
That was a funny story and Happy Anniversary! So, why DID you buy a bamboo stick?
Funny story! After 10 anniversaries with Ryan I've learned that sometimes, though the marriage is wonderful, and the anniversary wonderful, the events of the day can be quite ordinary still. :)
Hope you guys found some way to celebrate!
Post a Comment