Saturday, August 22, 2009

O-Town

Jon and I headed to Orlando on Friday to say bye to my little sister Stephanie. She's off to college and I still can't believe it! I cried the whole way to Orlando and I got it all out of my system so that when I saw her I would be all smiles :) It worked! I bought the ingredients to make the best cookies ever with my sister but, it turned out pretty bad! I wanted to teach her how to make the best cookies ever so that she can make them for her roomates in college. Well, I told her to go chop the Hershey chocolate into pieces while I chatted with my mom. While I was chatting with my mom she wanted me to show her something on the computer. Steph kept coming in to ask me what to do next. I told her to wait a minute since my mom's comp. kept crashing. The next thing I knew Steph mixed ALL of the ingredients at once and it was a mess! She was covered in flour, and looked so cute. See, she needed to place the butter and Hershey choc. into a double boiler and slowly fold the creamy mixture into the dry ingredients. Hmmm, I don't think she inherited my Aunt Claudia's amazing cooking abilities!


Luckily, Jon came to the rescue after I threw my hands up in the air and gave up.

This is my Uncle George! He's here visiting from Colombia. He looks just like my father and speaks like him as well. They both have the goofiest sense of humor which I love! He brought over some Arepas and I have been eating one everyday. They are delicious :)

Before we met up with my family Jon and I headed to the most amazing shopping area in Orlando. I was so giddy and jumping up and down. Gainesville has really pulled a number on me. My eyes were bulging out by the size of the stores. My FAVORITE store of all time is a store called WORLD MARKET. I can't rightly described what it's in this store. You have to go and see for yourself. Its truly amazing! The prices are great and the things you will find are to different than anything I've seen before. Every day they bring in new inventory and I salivate over every piece.

This is Jon as He-man inside the biggest "Party City" I've ever seen. The Party planner inside me could not resist this store. Jon had to walk me out due to sensory overload!

____________________________________________________________________

The night before my mom told me that one of my childhood friends was getting married. I was so excited! His name is Ricardo A.K.A. "Chino". I had the best time at his wedding! He looked so grown up and handsome in his tuxedo and his new bride was beautiful.

I think the best part of the evening for me was catching up with ol' friends. My friend Vanessa and her beautiful family were there as well. I loved seeing her with her family! We've known each other since a very long time and I could not stop talking with her. I felt so comfortable around her and even danced together like we use to at the Youth Dances!

Ricardo's mother made this beautiful wedding cake! The main ingredients were pulled from her garden. I took some home and brought it to the missionaries!

Whitney holding Jao, John, Claudia, and Jon - John was a childhood friend of mine. We use to visit their house every other day. They had a beautiful garden, a hammock, and several table games. Plus, his mom was a great cook!

Hector, Anna, and me! This is one of my favorite couples of all time! The most genuine couple you will ever meet. I love them so much!

Hector, Anna, Whitney, Jao, and John


Vanessa and Claudia

Vanessa, Anna, Barjo (Vanessa's cute husband, Stephanie (the most serene baby) and Spencer blowing bubbles - he gave me the biggest hug when I was leaving! I asked him if he would like to come home with me, I even bribed him by telling him we have alligators!

I had so much fun! Vanessa has long beautiful legs and compared to my short legs it made for a very entertaining hoe down!



My mom

Barjo and Vanessa dancing!


Ma & Pa

Anna & Ricardo's mom



Ricardo & me!


1 comment:

The Martos Fudge said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot imagine how many more awful looking pictures of me are out there. I had a great time. Loved meeting your adorable husband.