Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another successful Garden Club Meeting

On Tuesday we had our 3rd Garden club meeting and it went great! Everyone showed up in great spirits and had great questions. Isn't that GREAT! See, after building the raised vegetable beds you have to build a trench. So on Monday I came over Tara's backyard and helped her dig a trench. I created this handout and gave it to some of the girls who will be digging their trench. Emily baked delicious Ginger Snap cookies and Michelle played host to all 10 of us. Amelia talked about fertilizer and Amber about Compost. Michelle shared a sweet story about the spiritual aspects of gardening. Then I rattled on about all sorts of things. I never knew I would be so passionate about gardening. Thanks everyone for a very successful meeting.


You have to zoom in and check out Amber S. face! Her birthday is on Sept. 13th and my birthday, for anyone who for whatever reason was not already aware of, is September 14th. We are both turning 25! How cool is that :)

Here is the handout for anyone interested:



3 comments:

Trent and Amelia said...

Garden club was so much fun- you did such a fabulous job. I cant wait till the next one. Maybe I could bring dessert?
I didnt know your bday was so soon! 25 is a one of those important ones, we will need to do something big...we better get busy planning.
I love your blog background btw.

The Martos Fudge said...

Hey I found you... I might just have to ask you for a few tips on my garden next year, I was NOT successful this year. It was soooo nice seeing you the other night. I loved meeting your hubby, What a cutie. Keep in touch.

Natalie Scherer said...

looks like it was alot of fun! Sorry I couldn't be there for this meeting.