A while back I was visiting with a friend and noticed how awesome her house looked. I even asked her to give me a tour of every room! She then surprised me and told me the majority of her furniture she bought at a second hand store and refinished it herself. So not even 10 minutes after our conversation I headed to the nearby good will and thought, I can't do this! I felt I lacked the creative big picture. A week later I went back to goodwill and fell in love with a chair. I bought it and was so thrilled to pay the $5.04 cents. I carted the chair in the back of my car for two weeks showing all my friends. Then, I got to work. And can you guess who I called about help with sewing the cushions. You guessed it, my dear and talented friend Natalie. Here is my labor of love (which by the way is now Jon's video game chair)
BEFORE:

The Chair
The Cushions




Natalie showing me how to pipe

Jon holding the cushions as they made their way to the chair!
AFTER:

Fabric by Anna Maria Homer. I highly recommend anything from her line.

Natalie was amazing! I had thrown out the cushions because they were moldy and that ended up being mistake #1. Natalie had no pattern to go by! So, she devised her own pattern and 5 days later they were all done. I helped a little :) She even got sick and kept going. What a champion!
I also painted another stool. I guess I felt that I had too much black furniture in my house and wanted to add some color.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

2 comments:
Wow, that chair is totally awesome! At only $5, why not?!
Wow! Gorgeous! I am totally impressed. I don't have those creative skills like you have. You go girl! =)
Post a Comment