Friday, December 11, 2009

My 1/2 Bath

For a while now I have been wanting to paint my 1/2 bath cabinet. The problem I had was the paint. I didn't want to buy a huge can of paint for such a small project. I already have about 8 cans of paint lying around the house so I figured I'd use one of them. I also had another issue with painting my cabinets, I didn't want it to look too painty and sticky. So my friend Bryn referred me to this neat little paint can called 'Cabinet Rescue'. It does not feel like paint whatsoever. The only problem was that you can only dye it a light color. I decided to go with light blue b/c I originally bought the can to paint the guest bath cabinet and the walls are already blue. But b/c I'm trying to be cheap I took a small amount and there you have it:




This is my first attempt at distressing. Its not my thing but this bathroom called for it. I got the cute knobs from Anthropologie.

Since I introduced blue to my yellow/black bathroom I purchased this poster (22% off) and will be gluing it to the wall (wish me luck)!


P.S.
Happy Birthday to my one and only Prince Charming!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday, Jon! And Claudia, I am excited to see the end result!