Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

Jon and I headed to Orlando for our marvelous Christmas Holiday. We enjoyed seeing my Aunt Claudia and her two sons (my cousins). We laughed, we ate, we stomped on roaches, and in the end I was happy to be surrounded by the family that raised me and seeing my husband interact with our craziness. As I sit here in my warm living room eating Jelly Belly's & Chick-Fil-A (Jon quote: "What happens in 2009 stays in 2009", Claudia's response: "Didn't you hear the General Conference talk about how bad that quote is!") OK, I have veered off topic but in my defense I have been up since 6:00 AM and am tiiired. Plus, I have Chick-Fil-A plus Jelly Belly's to digest so give me a break! Now what was I saying...CHRISTMAS! That's right! Enjoy the pic's:

You know who!

Bryan, Tia, & Hector (Hector rode on a bus from Miami to O-town after work on Christmas Eve and what would have been a 5 hour ride turned into 12 b/c the bus broke down!)

Jon receiving a Christmas gift

My amazing Chef Aunt Claudia preparing my favorite meal- Sancocho

Carlos (my Aunt's hubby) and my dad building a fire pit for the Sancocho

We gave Hector a guitar strap that was off the chain

We gave Jonathan a sweet backpack for college

The family playing Bingo with my Bingo ball cage I got for last year's Christmas

Cutie pie Jonathan

J-man & Bro

Hector & Me

I love the Ortiz family!

"I just stepped on a roach!"

Gingerbread hands

The ginger bread house was made by yours truly with Hector, the grape ginger bread Temple was made by Jon & Andres (they used grape jello in the mix. They were going for taste vs. presentation), the tree was made by Jonathan, Cecilia, & Bryan.

Janeth agrees

Zoom in for fun!

The next day . . .

I sewed my mother-in-law a pillow (thanks Natalie Hill for the fabric!)



Jon's papa gave him a bike!



Just imagine having Jon next to you while opening Christmas presents : )

Jon's Dad & Sister

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Looks like you had the best holidays! Your family is beautiful!