Claudia's new pie dish
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Pie Dish
What I am about to tell you may shock you a bit, there are NO pie dishes in Gainesville, FL!! I just spent the last 3 hours visiting 7 different stores all over town looking for a pie dish. This Thanksgiving I decided to bake my first pie and I wanted it to be special so I went in search for a pretty pie dish. After about the 4th store I felt a strong pinch on my toes and took my shoes off and stared at my unrecognizable pinky toe. It was so swollen and huge; I think it was a blister. See, I had a wonderful morning to begin with. My friend Ilene waxed my eyebrows for FREE, I did some Family History work for Toby, and I was just in a great mood. I wore cute shoes because I always want to look cute when I visit my friends. After vivisting my friends I decided to stop by a nearby store to buy a pie dish and little did I know the journey I was about to embark on. Along the way I bumped into The Castillo family, and then Brother Janson. By this time they had seen me wobbling and in tears of exasperation because I had FINALLY found a pie dish. After recycling my ink and toner cartridges at Office Max I decided to stop by Ross (which I haven't been in like, 2 years) to see if maybe they had a pie dish. But c'mon, after visiting Macy's, Bed Bath and Beyond, Linen's N' Things, K-Mart, JCPenny, Belk, and Sears, I doubt that they would carry a pie dish. But, something inside me told me to go check. After darting through 999 people and pushing 999 random objects, I FOUND it! I yelled so loudly and threw my hands up in the air. Then I whimpered and grabbed the beautiful $3.99 pie dish. I will end my true story with a warning, my in-laws better enjoy my 3 hour searching, blister forming pecan pie!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
At least it's pretty! :)
Post a Comment